Kristen Oliver asks: I’ve been asked to be part of an upcoming virtual summit. The plan is to create a 30 – 45 minute video on my topic. Afterwords I’m planning on offering 3 chapters from my new book. How do I set up a page to capture emails and send out the chapters? I use AWeber.
Overview: We’re going to make it so that the user has to provide a valid email to access the download.
Here’s the flow from the user standpoint:
- User clicks through from webinar to opt-in page.
- User completes opt-in form.
- User is re-directed to Thank You page. They are told to go to their inbox and confirm their email to access their download.
- User clicks and confirms email address.
- User is re-directed to a confirmation page that has the download link.
- User is also sent a confirmation thank you email with the link.
Here’s how you set it up:
- Create the digital download. Upload to your site.
- Create a new landing page on your site. Put in a basic headline and copy directing people what to do. Example “Thank you for watching my presentation! Claim your free chapters from my new book by entering in your information below.”
- Build an Opt-In Form on AWeber.
- Edit the ‘Thank You’ page associated with the signup form. On your thank you page, instruct them to check their email and confirm their address (by clicking on the link that appears in the confirmation message). Tell them they will receive the download link after they confirm.
- Set up a custom confirmation page on your site with a link the the digital download.
- Include a link to that download page in your autoresponder message also, for subscribers who may have accidentally closed the download page after confirming.